Sunday 11 November 2018

Pineapple toasties

Breville Eight Up Snackmaker: Instruction book and thought starter recipes, Sydney c1970s


Desserts: Fruit Layer Dessert
As I don’t have a Breville Eight Up Snackmaker I dug out the old campfire jaffle iron from my childhood to create the Fruit Layer Dessert for myself and a toasted sandwich of chopped pineapple, banana and cheese for Les, yum, Anne
Makes 4 Brevils
1 banana, sliced; 2 slices pineapple, fresh or canned; 2 tspn brown sugar; 4 slices thick raisin toast, buttered
Place two slices bread, buttered side down, onto preheated scallops. Place half the banana onto each bread slice. Top with a slice of pineapple and remaining banana. Sprinkle each sandwich with brown sugar and top with bread slices (buttered side uppermost).
Lower lid and toast for two minutes.
Serve hot with cream or ice-cream.




My fruit layer dessert


Les's pineapple, banana and cheese toastie

2 comments:

  1. Serious jaffle iron envy here - we only had a single! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u please know where I can get a pineapple snack maker please

    ReplyDelete