Monday 3 December 2018

Warhol and Pineapple

Wild Raspberries by Andy Warhol and Suzie Frankfurt, 1997 USA






“Wild Raspberries is first and foremost a work of art, and the ‘recipes’ contained herein are not for ingestion and should be read in the humorous spirit in which they were created" The authors. 

This is my interpretation of Warhol and Frankfurt's Torte, I thought I'd give it a go using cake  for the layers as this recipe didn't sound too inedible! And it was great fun. Such a gorgeous book! Anne

Torte a la Dobosch

“Run down to Dick Camp’s and buy an old wire wisk. Beat 6 eggs and ½ cup sugar until thick and then a ½ cup flower sifted 7 tablespoons strong black coffee. Add 5 egg whites stiffly beaten and bake in 12 spring form molds, on the top layer spread an orange form molds, and orange glaze and slices of fresh pineapple. Decorate with a red sweetheart rose made from spun sugar and Dr Martins dye. Set the cake for at least 14 hours before serving and hang the wire wisk above the rotisserie”


3 comments:

  1. Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that.
    wholesale distributors usa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful great going, I love your work and look forward for more work from your side. I am a regular visitor of this site and by now have suggested many people.
    thompson raisins

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.
    site

    ReplyDelete