Tuesday 20 November 2012

Sláinte ... pineapple drinks 1

Even though Ruby doesn’t include any alcohol in the “Pineapple Party Time” chapter of the “Golden Circle Tropical Recipe Book” I thought it was time to taste a Pina Colada.  I am ashamed to say it was a new experience for me.

They are potentially great but I must admit I don’t think I did such a good job as a cocktail waitress.  I need some advice from the other Pineapple Princess, Ann, who I’m sure could make a beauty due to her youthful experience as a barmaid!

My daughter, Ella, found me a recipe in her cocktail book and then she and her friend, Inu, joined us for a tasting. They were very polite! Ella suggested trying coconut milk instead of coconut cream.
Pina Colada.
1 part white rum, 1 part coconut cream, 2 parts pineapple juice, a slice of pineapple, a cocktail cherry and crushed ice.

Place 3 tblspns of crushed ice in a cocktail shaker, add the rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice and shake well. Strain into a highball glass and decorate with the fruit.
“Sláinte” is Gaelic for “Cheers!”,  “Pro” or “Tos” is Indonesian, “Gesondheid” is Afrikaans, “Gan bei” is Mandarin, “Na Zdravi” is Czechoslovakian and “Kassutta” is Greenlandic. I love the Internet – I’m an instant (amateur) linguist! Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment