Friday 15 March 2013

Fish fingers . . . and pineapple

Bring back the 70s! A friend, Greg, sent me this link – I hope you weren't thinking of cooking this for dinner Greg! It certainly reminds me of when I first left home and started cooking my own haute cuisine! I suspect I even owned these Betty Crocker recipe cards! Anne

Fish Stick Breakfast Broil  (4 servings)

1 package (16 ounces) frozen fish sticks, 1 can (8 and 1/2 ounces) sliced pineapple – drained, 2 tablespoons cranberry-orange relish, 4 English muffins - split and toasted.

Arrange fish sticks and pineapple slices on lightly buttered baking sheet. Fill each pineapple slice with rounded teaspoonful cranberry-orange relish. Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees. Broil fish sticks and pineapple slices 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes or until fish sticks are golden. Serve with English muffins.

This classic recipe is from a Betty Crocker recipe card.
©Copyright 1971 by General Mills, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment