Friday 12 October 2012

Sadly, not recommended.

At last I’ve found a dessert I can’t eat! It’s just too much! Too sweet! But, luckily Les loves ricecream and he even went so far as to say “I like it” and I think he meant it! I was disappointed as I’d hoped it would look just like Ruby’s but the after the jellies came out of the mould the ricecream stubbornly remained behind and had to be scooped out. I’d sat the mould in warm water but it was in there to stay, maybe realising that it wasn’t the taste sensation it’d hoped either. I couldn’t even bring myself to take a photograph at that stage, Anne.

Jellied Pineapple and Ricecream.
2 x 440g cans Golden Circle Pineapple Pieces, 1 cup canned ricecream, 1 tspn gelatine, 1 tblspn cold water, 1 pkt orange-flavour jelly crystals, 1 pkt lime-flavour jelly crystals.
Drain syrup from pineapple pieces and measure into 2 equal parts. Soak gelatine in cold water then dissolve over hot water. Stir into ricecream. Turn into jelly mould. Chill. Add sufficient water to half the pineapple syrup to make 1 ½ cups. Bring to boil, stir in orange jelly crystals. Cool, add half pineapple pieces, spoon into jelly mould over ricecream, chill. Prepare lime jelly in same way, adding remaining pineapple pieces. Set in 20cm cake pan. Chill all until firm. Unmould lime layer on to serving plate, then unmould the ricecream and orange jelly on top of lime jelly. Garnish top with cherry.
Ruby's

Anne's

1 comment:

  1. It looks so much prettier than my recent foray into the world of jelly and pineapple. But please, what's ricecream?

    ReplyDelete