Loading...

Thursday, 28 May 2015

Pineapple Marshmallow

Day to Day Cookery for Home Craft Students Compiled by I. M. Downes Australia 2nd Edition





Pineapple Marshmallow    
Ingredients:
1 small can pineapple slices; 1 tblsp spoon flour; 2 tblsp spoon gelatine; 350ml water; 1/3 cup sugar; Jelly, cherries & blanched almonds

Method: 
1. Drain juice off pineapple slices.
2. Arrange slices in a glass bowl.
3. Fill holes with glace cherries.
4. Measure juice & make up to 450ml of liquid with water.
5. Place sugar, flour & gelatine in a saucepan & mix well together.
6. Add juice, blend well & stir over the fire until boiling.
7. Pour into a large bowl & when cool whisk until light and fluffy.
8. Pour over pineapple.
9. Allow to set then turn out onto a plate & decorate with chopped jelly, cherries & nuts.

7 comments:

  1. The flour is curious, isn't it. Would normal flour thicken something like cornflour does - or is there some other chemical magic going on here? It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi im looking desperately for a copy of this book. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, my email is lookingback123@gmail.com if you'd like to let me know your email I'll scan the book next time I visit Ann and send you a copy. It could be late September before I can get it to you but very happy to. Cheers Anne

      Delete
    2. I have the scan ready Kylie, if you send me an email address I'll forward you a copy lookingback123@gmail.com Cheers Anne

      Delete
  3. I too am looking for this. I used it at school and my copy went missing somewhere along the way. It has heaps of good recipes which were deleted from the later editions. i would love a photocopy or even a scan of the book. Thank you in advance. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, my email is lookingback123@gmail.com if you'd like to let me know your email I'll scan the book next time I visit Ann and send you a copy. It could be late September before I can get it to you but very happy to. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb the scan is ready if you'd like to email me your email address, Cheers Anne

      Delete