Thursday, 28 May 2015
Day to Day Cookery for Home Craft Students Compiled by I. M. Downes Australia 2nd Edition
1 small can pineapple slices; 1 tblsp spoon flour; 2 tblsp spoon gelatine; 350ml water; 1/3 cup sugar; Jelly, cherries & blanched almonds
1. Drain juice off pineapple slices.
2. Arrange slices in a glass bowl.
3. Fill holes with glace cherries.
4. Measure juice & make up to 450ml of liquid with water.
5. Place sugar, flour & gelatine in a saucepan & mix well together.
6. Add juice, blend well & stir over the fire until boiling.
7. Pour into a large bowl & when cool whisk until light and fluffy.
8. Pour over pineapple.
9. Allow to set then turn out onto a plate & decorate with chopped jelly, cherries & nuts.