Wednesday 28 April 2021

Pineapple Stuff

http://unusualcoleslaw.blogspot.com

From that wonderful blog: Unusual Coleslaw:

Stuff

1 pkt marshmallows (I used ½ pack); 4 ozs ginger; 4 ozs cherries; 2 ozs nuts (I used flaked almonds); 1 pkt malt biscuits; ¾ tin condensed milk; ½ pkt mixed fruit (I used what I had in the cupboard, so instead of ginger, cherries and mixed fruit I used candied pineapple, candied mango and sultanas); desiccated coconut

Method: Crush biscuits, cut all other ingredients. Add condensed milk and mix together. Roll out into a sausage shape, then roll in coconut.

Place in refrigerator til set, then cut into slices. Keep in refrigerator wrapped in foil.

Source: Recipes for Slices and Snacks: Heartbeat Inc Assistance Group, Adelaide central Branch c1980s

1 comment:

  1. This looks so much like something my grandmother used to keep in the fridge for visitors - full of dried fruit and held together by some form of magic (condensed milk!). Thank you for trying this out - I feel very nostalgic now!

    ReplyDelete